To the REACH contact partners of our customers
Information from DEUTA-WERKE GmbH regarding REACH
(EU Chemicals Regulation)
In our own interest and against the background of high safety levels within delivery and production, we wish to comment on European Regulation (EU) No. 1907/2006 regarding Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
We wish to present to you, our customers, the current status of the implementation of REACH within our company, thereby satisfying the information requirement laid down in article 33 of REACH.
It is of the highest importance to us, as an actor within the supply chain, to comply with our obligations in order to avoid a breakdown in the supply chain.
- We ensure that the materials used by us are registered.
- We instruct our suppliers that they should always provide up to date safety information leaflets.
- Our suppliers of raw materials are obliged to inform us as soon as they become aware of the presence of any concerning material (SVHC – Substance of Very High Concern) above a mass concentration of 0.1% in the raw material supplied to us.
- Also, EU suppliers of produce which is processed in our products in relevant dimensions, are also obliged to inform us, without being asked to do so, of any SVHC material which contains over 0.1% mass per cent.
- On our part, we will immediately inform our customers in a comprehensive manner should we become aware of the presence of SVHC in any of our processed pre-products.
- Our register of hazardous substances has been supplemented to include REACH. The candidate list of the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) has been included in the register
- In our integrated management system, the procurement, handling and disposal of hazardous materials is clearly regulated.